*We highly recommend ordering an actual sample set so you can see and compare the samples in person*
Illusion tulle: White, Diamond White, Ivory-
Fine Tulle: Off White, Ivory-
Silk tulle: Light Ivory French silk & Ivory English silk-
Silk Chiffon: Off White, Ivory
*colors are described from left to right
We have posted these photos of our samples to help assist in your purchase of your veil but there are some very important details you must consider first.
1. We highly recommend ordering an actual sample set so you can see and compare the samples in person. This will be the easiest and most sure way to get the closest color. We have done our very best to get you good photos of the colors of the various samples but those colors can appear different on your computer/mobile screen compared to what it looks like in person.
2. Compare your samples to your actual dress. Do not compare the live samples to a photo of your dress or your dress color name. Photography styles can vary and often are not a true representation of the color of the dress due to photo lighting. Lighting can often wash out the color of the wedding dress and make it look lighter than it is in real life.
The same goes for the color name. Designers choose the names of the color of their gowns and get their fabrics from many different fabric manufactures. So one designer's Ivory is not necessarily the same as another designer's ivory. For example, a dress with the color name of 'Ivory' can vary from a deep, rich yellowish tone to a vary light almost off white shade. Whites can vary between a true bright white to more of an off white shade. So samples are the best and most sure route to get the color you need.
3. Samples give you an idea of what the fabric will feel like. This is a great way to see how the fabric feels and how it might flow. Veils are often made with certain fabrics to help achieve a particular look so seeing the fabrics in person can help in finding the right look for your style and your dress.
4. Ordering a sample first qualifies you for our exchange policies on some of our veils. For many of our simple tulle veils we can easily do an exchange in color but pre-ordering a sample helps you to get the color right the first time. This creates much less hassle for you allowing you to receive the veil when you need it for those final dress fittings and hair trials and saves you money on return shipping and reshipping. For our silk tulle, silk chiffon, lace and specialty veils we do not offer exchanges as the items/supplies are made to order (or ordered as needed) so it is critical that you order samples in these cases.
5. Ask about color recommendation from boutique you bought your dress from. If you are short on time or are still waiting on your dress to arrive but need to order your veil right away consider reaching out to the boutique you bought your dress from. They are typically willing to offer you a color family recommendation for the shade you have purchased.
6. Samples are shipped via First Class Mail. We ship our samples using first class mail so they typically take about 3-5 days for them to arrive and roughly two weeks if you live outside of the US. Make sure to plan for this when ordering samples before your veil as each of our veils are made to order.
Lastly, if you are in a rush send us an email so we can help you choose the best sample or veil. We are always happy to help so please do not hesitate to get in touch with any other questions you may have.
Check out our other blog posts all about veils
Comments will be approved before showing up.